Our tranquil village is situated in a flood plain that is drained by the Roeder. Two small nature reserves, the NSG "Forest Moore on Großdittmannsdorf" and the NSG "bog forest on the river in pitch Medingen" lie in the heather in the immediate vicinity of the village, to the delight of nature lovers and hikers. In addition to the special attractions of the natural environment, the baroque church and our former board mill grinding and is worth seeing. Even for less nature enthusiasts, our area offer a lot. Not far from here had once established in August the Strong built the famous and Moritzburg Moritzburg hunting lodge and its Baroque surroundings. In Moritzburg they can take a hike.
View behind the House...
...after a springrain
Großdittmannsdorf was first documented in 1357, the foundation is in the course of the German eastward expansion in the second half of the 13th Century suggest. The hidden layer should have been in time of war, especially during the Thirty Years and Seven Years War and during the Napoleonic wars is an advantage. Territorial political Großdittmannsdorf however, was a "peripheral" and has been repeatedly to the "mass displacement" of adjacent estates, in particular between the manors Radeburg, Tauscha, Berbisdorf and soil. Parts also include the Knights of Sacka and Kleinnaundorf. Boden carried out the historically longest time, the patronage of Großdittmannsdorf.
Today Großdittmannsdorf is almost like an enclave in the northeastern corner of the district of Meißen, where it belongs since the district reform in Saxony since 1994. Before that it belonged to the Castle District (castrum) and Ministry of Dresden, then to Office (1770) or the Office team principal (1875) Large trees, according to the district reform in the GDR, 1952 Dresden-country circuit. Großdittmannsdorf was an independent municipality until 1999, 1950, the district incorporated into soil. On 1 January 1999 Großdittmannsdorf and ground simultaneously with the adjacent districts of the city Promnitztal Radeburg.
The village lies in a flood plain that is drained by the Roeder east-west direction. The river here divides the open landscape of small hill in the south of the Radeburger Heath in the north, which belongs to the Königsbrück-Ruhland Gentiles. Two small nature reserves, the NSG "Forest Moore on Großdittmannsdorf" and the NSG "bog forest on the river in pitch Medingen" lie in the heather in the immediate vicinity of the place. Both together form the NSG FFH "Moor wooded area near Großdittmannsdorf.
In addition to the special attractions of the surrounding natural areas (see above), the baroque village church is worth seeing. It was created in 1605 instead of a previously built Gothic chapel. To go there the place was to Radeburg the parish, but was then (to date) Medingen to church. Significantly for Großdittmannsdorf was the meal and board mill at the upper end of the old forest hides the village. She worked almost 300 years, until after the Second Weltkrieg.
For the Church of the sculptor Johann Gottlob Matthai created in 1795, the allegorical monument to Dr. Rentsch.